World Chefs’ Tour 2020 coming to Madrid!
9 months – 9 of the world’s best chefs – 9 unique experiences
We are thrilled to be chosen to raise awareness of this extraordinary gastronomic experience, The World Chef’s Tour, in key markets around the world: France, UK, Mexico and Russia.
The World’s top restaurants will be delivering a gastronomic extravaganza from January to October 2020, featuring celebrated internationally renowned chefs including Massimo Bottura, Julien Royer and Mauro Colagreco amongst others.
Some of the best chefs in the world will appear – for the first time – from January to October 2020 at the Villa Magna Hotel in Madrid, Spain, to celebrate and to deliver personally the new World Chefs’ Tour.
Over nine months, enjoy nine of the most exclusive gastronomic experiences, created by nine of the best chefs in the world; each chef will move their kitchens and equipment to Madrid, establishing the capital city as a key gastronomic destination, much-coveted by gourmets worldwide. Each chef will cook for just 80 privileged guests for one week during the nine-month gastronomic extravaganza, in the Villa Magna Hotel’s pop-up restaurant.
Mauro Colagreco (The World’s Best Restaurant, Mirazur, Menton, France), Massimo Bottura (Best of the Best, Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy) and Julien Royer (The Best Restaurant in Asia, Odette, Singapore), pictured below, are amongst the nine chefs who will offer unique and unforgettable dining experiences.
Book now to enjoy the best restaurants in the world, skipping the usual long waiting lists; this is a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy haute cuisine alongside other luxurious experiences.
Confirmed chefs for the World Chefs’ Tour 2020 (Madrid):
- 28 January/2 February: Mauro Colagreco (Restaurante Mirazur – Menton, France) – The World’s Best Restaurant
- 17/23 February: Julien Royer (Odette, Singapore) – The Best Restaurant in Asia
- 16/22 March: Massimo Bottura (Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy) – Best of the Best
- 20/16 April: Manish Mehrotra (Indian Accent, Nueva Delhi, India) – The Best Restaurant in India
- 18/24 May: Rodolfo Guzmán (Borago, Santiago, Chile) – The Best Restaurant in Chile
- 15/21 June: Mitsuharu Tsumura (Maido, Lima, Peru) – The Best Restaurant in Peru
- 13/19 July: Jorge Vallejo (Quintonil, Mexico DF, Mexico) – Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants
- 21/27 September: Vladimir Mukhin (White Rabbit, Moscow, Russia) – No 13, The World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- 19/25 October: Ángel León (Aponiente, El Puerto de Santa María, Spain) – Grand Prix de l’Art de la Cuisine
Each gastronomic journey will consist of three parts, bringing together the most prestigious gourmet products on the world scene. Diners will start their journey by enjoying exclusive wine from some of the best wineries in the world, selected personally by the host chef. They will then taste some of the host chef’s new creations, as served in one of the best restaurants in the world. The finale will bring a selection of spirits personally recommended by the host chef from some of the best distilleries in the world.
These nine unique experiences, spread over nine months in 2020, are aimed at companies, business networkers and gourmet enthusiasts who enjoy the best of food and wine and who seek exclusive opportunities to meet like-minded people, or who perhaps wish to entertain their most important clients in impressive style. Tickets to the event will make the ideal corporate hospitality gift or special anniversary present for a loved one.
*Reservations for the World Chefs’ Tour Villa Magna Madrid 2020 are open (www.worldchefstour.com). Gourmets will have the perfect opportunity to enjoy nine unique dinners with nine of the best chefs worldwide. Different options include a table to enjoy the nine chefs’ seasonal creations (from €7,000 per person), to tables with each of the host chefs (ranging from €750 to €990 per person, based on the tantalising gourmet experience planned by each chef).
* Should you choose to become a member of the World Chefs’ Tour Club, by purchasing a ticket for the dinner(s) and booking your stay at the Villa Magna Hotel, exclusive advantages will include the best room rate available, an upgrade subject to availability, a gourmet buffet breakfast, and an exclusive welcome gift in your room.
The World Chefs’ Tour will donate 10% of the total net benefits to causes selected by the chefs them-selves and to Acción Contra el Hambre, a 40-year-old NGO dedicated to fighting famine and child malnutrition around the planet. In addition, the Villa Magna hotel will make a donation for each night’s hotel accommodation booked to the BK Foundation, which supports causes related to education and the environment.
The World Chefs’ Tour is a new and unique gastronomic experience of Spanish origin co-founded and led by Rocío Herrero Pidal, Nicolás Luca de Tena and Yago Cachafeiro, three committed epicureans, each with
extensive gastronomic sector and related events experience. Says Borja Escalada, CEO of RLH
Properties (which owns the Villa Magna Hotel): “In line with Villa Magna’s strategy to make the hotel a leader in the culinary scene of Madrid, we are honoured to be associated with the first World Chefs’ Tour, uniting Villa Magna Hotel with elite gastronomic connoisseurs from around the world”.
In the coming years, the World Chefs’ Tour plans to visit some of the most important cities in the world, including London, Paris, Dubai, Hong Kong and New York.
Notes for Editors:
- The World Chefs’ Tour is a Club focusing on the most exclusive gastronomic experiences in the world. It is limited to 500 food-loving members and its mission is to create incredible and unique experiences with the best chefs and sommeliers worldwide.
- About Villa Magna Hotel: Villa Magna is the most exclusive hotel, located in the heart of Madrid. It connects its guests with the best of the city, providing memorable travel experiences and a premium level of hospitality. It is distinguished by an array of exceptional services, a passion for intricate details, and extremely high standards.